If it’s been more than two weeks since your last girls’ night out, it’s time to make some plans to hit the coolest clubs and bars and spend time with your girlfriends. And if you plan it out well, you could score some free drinks, a prime spot near the DJ’s booth, or even free entrance to the swankiest night clubs. In Ho Chi Minh City, a lot of clubs designate one day every week as Ladies Night, and here, you’ll learn where and when to go for a great time.
Apart from knowing where to go, you definitely have to be prepared for ladies night. Consider these tips for an amazing and hassle free night:
- It’s called Ladies’ Night, so invite only the girls. Invite lady friends who you know will make this night rock. Leave out anyone who has a tendency to be a Debbie Downer, or is a complete control freak and won’t compromise on anything. Also, don’t invite anyone who’ll spend the night pining away for her significant other. That’s probably one of the worst things ever. Also on the do-not-invite list are those girls who are terrible drunks, freeloaders, and those who will bring on the drama and go on a hissy fit when faced with a teeny tiny thing, such as a drink that isn’t cold enough.
- Send out the invitations via text message at least four days before the designated date. That way, you’ll make sure that you have enough people to go with you (aim for 4 to 5 people) and you give your friends enough time to get back to you. Arrange for a designated driver, and whoever that person is should not drink.
- To make sure that you’re not rushing, make sure that you have at least 3 hours to prepare before going out. If there are any gentlemen reading this, to answer your question, yes—it takes us that long to primp and make ourselves pretty, and three hours gives us time to relax, making even the process of preparing to go out fun.
- If you’re going out after work, consider bringing a change of clothes, some nice shoes and your makeup kit to the office to refresh your look and morph from working girl to glam diva.
- When it comes to outfits, this is one of those times when it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed. Sparkly or embellished tops, slinky dresses, and high heels are all good. Ditto for stand-out accessories like some fun jewelry or leopard print anything. Just make sure that you’re comfortable and that you can move and dance freely in whatever it is that you’re wearing.
- Bring a camera to document the night’s shenanigans! Some places prohibit taking pictures though, so follow the rules and don’t take sneaky selfies if that’s the case.
- Tote the going out essentials in your bag. Stash enough cash, a fully-charged and topped up mobile phone, an identification card, flat shoes to change into, and a tube of lipstick and a compact to refresh your look.
- Have something to eat before you go. It’s best not to go out on an empty stomach as this will make you feel the effects of alcohol quicker. Also, you might be tempted to overeat unhealthy bar snacks when you’re hungry.
- Be safe. Let someone that you trust know that you and your friends are going out. Give him or her a tentative time for your return home and let them know that you might call them just in case you need any help. It’s also a good idea for you and your friends to have a pre-arranged meeting area just in case you get separated during the night. Another thing that you could do is to establish a secret signal to help each other out to get away from someone who comes on too strong. You can have a keyword or a special phrase that will let the rest of you know when to come to the rescue.
Now that you’re dressed to the nines and raring to go, here are the nightspots in Ho Chi Minh City that you should definitely check out for Ladies Night!
Address: 2 Ly Tu Trong, District 1, HCMC
Ladies Night: every Tuesday
Walking into Lush gives you an impression that you’re clubbing in New York. The combination of laser lights, the décor and the music has a very Western feel, making it a nice place to hang out and party all night with your girlfriends. It’s a the place to be to get your groove on and show those dance moves that you’ve been perfecting all week, and sometimes, the dance floor gets so crowded that one can barely bust a move. However, there’s always room on the stairs or the balcony. In fact, dancing on the stairs is the best place to go if you really want to stand out from the crowd.
If you want to give your feet a break from dancing (especially if you’re wearing stilettos), head on over to the second floor and lounge on the comfy sofas. You’ll have a great view of the dance floor below and watch all the people bopping around while gossiping with your friends.
Lush tends to attract a blend of expats, locals and travelers all dancing to the latest hip hop, R & B, and pop tunes. Also, the crowd here seems to be a bit younger than at other clubs in the city. The young crowd often has diverse origins, and you can end up meeting people from the United States, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and Europe, all in one night.
On ladies night, women get to choose from a large list of different types of beer, a red and white wine, several pre-mixed cocktails, as well as a selection of different shots and mixers, all of which are free. Lush is a big place and it is quite popular, and a typical ladies night here is almost always crowded. Free drinks last until midnight.
Address: 26 Ho Huan Nghiep, District 1
Ladies Night: every Wednesday
Sparkling, bright, and posh, Velvet bar attracts a large number of hipsters and expats. It’s smaller than Lush and has a more intimate vibe, but it also has a very girly atmosphere. Everywhere you look, it seems like all the surfaces are covered in glitter or are sparkly beyond belief. The middle of the room is dominated by a circular bar, and white couches line the walls.
There isn’t much of a dance floor, but the circular room is perfect for scoping the scene. On Wednesday nights, ladies get to choose from a menu of free drinks that include margaritas, Long Island iced teas, shots, and a special Velvet mixed drink. Plus, you get some free bar snacks to munch on.
Address: 34 Ton Duc Thang, District 1
Ladies Night: every Thursday
Another club that is popular among the young, hip crowd of Ho Chi Minh City, neon-drenched Fuse proudly plays beats for its patron-filled dance floor. The club features international DJs working the turntables, usually for a packed house. It is one of Saigon’s smaller clubs, so call ahead to get a table reserved.
Though it’s smaller compared to other clubs, Fuse is the best place to go for dancing because it has a big dance floor. This club sells drinks by the bottle, although they also have a free drink menu for Ladies Night. If you can get a group of five girls together, your group will get a bottle for free!
Check out any of these three clubs in Ho Chi Minh City for a super fun night out with your girlfriends. Stay safe, enjoy, and party on, ladies!